Introduction to DSLR Photography: Private, small-group classes
Phone Number: 403.287.2740
Santa brought you a really nice DSLR, did he? But all those buttons and functions and that flash! Where to start? Start with private instruction. My one-day intro to DSLR photography will get you started in the right direction.
At the end of this eight-hour day, you will understand the functions of your camera; you will know how to set white balance, how, why and when to adjust shutter speed and aperture; you will understand the basics of great composition and you'll be introduced to flash basics.
The day includes a two hour photo walk, where, with your instructor, you can put your new skills to work. Following the photo walk, we'll spend two hours becoming familiar with the basics of photo management and. photo editing.
By day's end you will be making photos you love and you will have discovered your photographer's eye.
- Class participants: minimum six; maximum 12
- Class location: Your choice: host in your home, your business or any suitable location (please contact me for more information on locations)
- Hosts with six guests in addition to themselves get the class at no cost
- Hosts with 10 guests in addition to themselves get the class at no cost and will also receive a photography book valued at $65
- RETURNING participants get a reduced rate of $90
- DLSR (digital single lens reflex) camera. This class is NOT suitable for point/shoot cameras. Suitable cameras include Canon Rebels; Nikon D90; Pentax K1000 etc;
- laptop with internet connection capabilities;
- 4gig USB 'Thumb' drive;
- Suitable clothing and footware - class will be out of doors for two to two and a half hours
- Charged camera battery
- Formatted CF or SD card (as per your camera)
- USB cable
- Available space on your hard drive for your photos and for an editing program; you will be dowloading free software during the class)
- It is highly recommended that participants have a good understanding of file management (Windows or Mac)
- Participants must know how to navigate their camera's menus and should bring their manual to class.
To REGISTER, please surf to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Julie-Vincent-Photography/195058569740?sk=app_2373072738#!/pages/Julie-Vincent-Photography/195058569740?sk=wall
OR email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ce cours est disponible en francais.